Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Talk about a hairy situation...

So I had a good weekend, my little girl came down for a visit on Friday for the weekend, always a good time when the brat is about it :).

Talk about a hairy situation. So this girls hair I'm finding waaaay tougher than Olmos's hair. Right now I'm using maya hair to do this and it's giving me mixed results all over the place. Basically I set up a simulation to get the hair falling on the head right, but some curves are fighting me tooth and nail, like the bludge on the left side of her head (camera right). The top of her right side is also bulging up too much it should be flatter.

The bottom of her hair I haven't really worked on yet, it's going to require a new simulation as thickness and color that's required I can't really get with one Maya hair setup.


I'm finding it hard to find a good tutorial on making hair, I watched one by digital tutors but it was more about using dynamics and not actually creating nice hair. The 10ish minute example on creating a actual head of hair for a model was poorly done and did not look good at all (the picture of the redhead on the web page isn't in the video). That being said it did have some new ideas in it, and I did learn somethings just not what I really wanted to learn, if you have a library around sign it out.

So in short still lots of work to do on the hair... Never liked hair really, takes me months to get a hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment