Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Well Momma didn't raise no hair dresser...

So did some revisions to the girl head and started a different approach on hair. Basically I started with nurbs planes and sculpted out hair cards, then I extracted the curves and populated the entire head with hair. This method was a lot faster than Ed's hair where I had individually placed each hair clumb and then shaped the key strands.

However will this be a better technique? Right now this image is just a straight up raw extraction from the planes, and we see two things;


1. The hair needs a lot of work and
2. I am noooooo hairdresser.

I will play with dynamics and see if I can get the hair to settle on the head and fall along her neck better, if that doesn't work, well... I'm in for a heap of work.

Again this is a WIP (Work in Progress) Image and in no way represents the final head and hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment