Monday, April 12, 2010

Fast Sculpting Dr. Horrible

Okay, so I've been banging out some fast sculpts. Basically a fast sculpt to me, is a head that takes about 1 to 5 hours depending on what I'm doing. Some fast sculpts may turn into a future project, the overall object is achieve a likeness of the character then forget it and move on to another project. Most fast sculpts are not textured.



This is Dr. Horrible a character played by TVs very own Neil Patrick Harris. Kind of a campy fun fella. I like where this sculpt went and I'm going to continue with this project. I haven't sculpted in the hair here on purpose and will most likely be reshaping the top of his head as it may be a tad too large :D.

So this sculpt took me about 3 1/2 hours to get to this point and about another half hour for his clothing (geo was extracted from the head mesh as a starting point). I spent about 2 or 3 hours sculpting the goggles however I scrapped them and built a mesh in Maya (not seen here).

No comments:

Post a Comment