Monday, April 12, 2010

Fast Sculpting Sanjuro

Sanjuro is a wandering Ronin, made popular by the movie of the same name by Akira Kurosawa.




So the modeling took about 5 hours and then I had tweaked it as I did the texturing which took about another 3 to 4 hours. So basically a one day head. This texture is all hand painted which is my second attempt at a non photo projected surface.

I started his clothing and spent about a 1/2 hour on it so far, he has his hands tucked into his shirt (must be a Samurai thing). I haven't decided if I am going to continue with this project. If I do it will be a strictly Zbrush project that will be the entire character posed, as his clothing should be fun. There are some things I don't like about the head, like his top lip, positioning of the ears, the lower eye lids, ear is pretty lazy too :p.

It's late I'll post more tomorrow for the one or two people who actually check my blog...

1 comment: